The Trainer is responsible for managing the documentation and training on UCS’ online and offline databases.
Finance & Administration Department
Union of Concerned Scientists
The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is an independent national nonprofit whose scientists and engineers work to solve some of our planet’s most pressing environmental and safety problems. UCS combines technical analysis and effective organizing and advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for stemming the tide of global warming, sustainable food policy and agriculture, energy and transportation, fighting misinformation and reducing the threat of catastrophic nuclear war.
The Trainer is part of a team whose mission is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of UCS data. The Trainer is responsible for managing the documentation and training on UCS’ online and offline databases and coordinating with end-users to document procedures and train in records maintenance and other business practices.
- Provide initial training on both UCS’s databases and other fundraising software.
- Create job aids that are role specific.
- Keeps informed of software updates, upgrades, new features, and additional services in all our database and fundraising software.
- Assist staff in optimizing new features and ensure they understand what is required of them in both systems to maintain database integrity.
- Works with Data Operations Team to conduct quality assurance check.
- As with all our data management positions, frequent data entry will be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience training or coaching others
- Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and meet tight deadlines required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer Service experience preferably in the non-profit industry.
- Ability to think analytically, problem-solve effectively and follow complicated procedures is very important.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience developing user guides, and training materials required.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software and online CRM systems strongly preferred.
- May spend extended periods at a computer terminal.
- Zero to 5 days of overnight travel may be required per year.
- Familiarity with, and interest in development, fund-raising, and advocacy techniques and principles also a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Requires at least five years of successful comparable and relevant experience.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
UCS is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff. In particular, we’re dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy. We’re also committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We've adopted this commitment because we believe the inclusion of culturally diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and environmental outcomes for all, including historically disenfranchised communities. We are actively seeking people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.
Compensation, Hours and Location: This is a full-time position based in UCS’s Cambridge, MA office. For those who meet all position requirements, the salary is around $52,500. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment. Information about the organization is available at http://www.ucsusa.org
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and how you learned about the position via email to email@example.com and include “Trainer” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls, please. Deadline: February 4, 2018, or until filled.