Looking for a challenge? Lead a small, high performance team that's taking on the root problems in US healthcare.
About Hint Health
Based in San Francisco and backed by top Silicon Valley investors, Hint Health is on a mission to fix the broken U.S. healthcare system by fundamentally changing the way that healthcare is delivered and paid for—starting with primary care.
Hint’s industry-leading membership management and billing platform gives forward-thinking healthcare providers the freedom to operate outside the inefficient insurance-based status quo by offering unlimited primary care services through affordable direct-to-consumer and direct-to-employer membership plans. This subscription-based model—known as Direct Primary Care (or DPC)—results in higher doctor and patient satisfaction, lower healthcare costs, and improved health outcomes.
More to Love About Hint
- Flexible working hours & WFH policy
- Generous parental leave
- Direct primary care membership stipend
- Mission-driven company with highly satisfied customers
- ”Best Companies for Women to Advance 2020” by Parity.org
Hint has taken the Parity Pledge and is committed to racial and gender parity. Furthermore, members of historically marginalized groups—including people of color, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and veterans—are encouraged to apply.
Hint Health is looking for an exceptional Tech Lead / Tech Lead Manager to help us bring much needed change to the US healthcare system. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll play a pivotal role in Hint’s success by leading one of our three engineering teams, nurturing our culture, and developing a world class team and product.
This is a remote-first role working in a Pacific or Mountain time zone in the US or Canada. We expect to have offices again in Vancouver, BC and the Bay Area, California in 2022.
- Develop technical designs and implement key product features
- Ensure high quality from your team through technical designs, code reviews, mentorship and pairing
- Move us forward by investigating and implementing new tools, patterns and technologies
- Oversee team rituals such as costing, kick-offs and retrospectives
- Partner with your product manager to shape and deliver high impact features on time
- Invest in your team of 2-3 engineers through 1:1’s, coaching and mentorship
- Promote a collaborative, inclusive work environment that fosters transparency, humility and personal growth.
- Be accountable for the team’s execution and delivery against product milestones.
- 5+ years as a software engineer
- 2+ years as a senior tech lead or equivalent
- Deep experience with relevant web development technologies and practices. We use Angular and Elm, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Postgresql, Redis.
- Excellent communication - you’re able to clearly articulate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Adept at problem solving, you can tackle your teams gnarliest technical obstacles
- You’re able to balance several priorities across people management, technical leadership and delivering key features.
- Setting an example for your team, you are open to and actively seek constructive feedback, always on the lookout for ways to learn and improve.
- You’re good at handling stress, comfortable with ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
Life at Hint
Our team is inquisitive, fun, friendly, and smart. We introduce our pets, have virtual hangouts, and play games to stay connected during Covid times. We have recurring forums where employees present something random but cool that we want to talk about. We’ve had talks on coffee, octopuses, the history of the telegram, sleep, and more!
Competitive salary, Stock options, Comprehensive medical/ dental/ vision benefits, 401(k) plan in the US