Lead a feature delivery team in the design, development, and high-quality release of software features for the Huntress Security Platform
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, US and Canada
Compensation: $160,000 to $195,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for an innovative and highly motivated Lead Software Engineer with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a Lead Software Engineer at Huntress, you will be responsible for leading a feature delivery team in the design, development, and high-quality release of software features for the Huntress Security Platform that provides for automated detection and human-powered threat hunting.
The Huntress Security Platform consists of the Huntress AWS Portal and over 1 Million endpoint agents that serve the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets. You will focus on creating the technical vision for new and exciting features from the product roadmap. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done.
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of the development of features for the Portal including UX/UI and API-focused work
- Lead and develop high-quality software, software designs, and architecture and set standards for team excellence
- Convert acceptance criteria into functional workflows and data models and associated software design
- Be a technical thought leader for your team providing architectural and design direction
- Focus on the entire life cycle of the system, including evolution, configuration, and risk management
- Ensure code quality and test code coverage through code reviews and test plan reviews
- Lead the team in providing accurate estimates and taking ownership over timely completion of work
- Mentor junior engineers to help them level up their skills
- Motivate teams and promote collaboration and engagement
- Actively engage with the team and lead by being a positive role model
What You Bring To The Team:
- 10+ years of experience developing complex software products
- 5+ years of programming in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS Cloud Environments
- Experience working on Linux-based infrastructure
- Experience with databases such as Postgres
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action, and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to take high-level requirements, decompose them into actionable work units, and lead the entire SDLC
- Passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high-quality software features
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.