We are looking to bring in a Staff Software Engineer to help us build, improve and scale our internal runtime platform based on cutting edge...
We are looking to bring in a Staff Software Engineer to help us build, improve and scale our internal runtime platform based on cutting edge technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Hashicorp's Consul and Vault. Additionally, you'll be helping us build myriad monitoring, management and alerting systems, dashboards, tracking systems and myriad other tools. Our goals include improving Zendesk reliability, automating the operations side of software, and providing a self-service runtime platform for Zendesk product engineering to demonstrate.What you get to do every day:
What you bring to the role:
- Work with hardworking, senior level software engineers.
- Design and build the core runtime platform for Zendesk microservices based on Kubernetes and a host of other open source tech
- Enhance the platform with advanced self healing and configuration management capabilities.
- Contribute back to open source projects.
- Assist other engineers running their workloads on our Kubernetes based platform.
- Work with our compliance and security teams to ensure the systems we build are highly reliable, secure, and SOC-II Compliant.
- Participate in a tightly knit, cohesive and self-organizing Scrum team.
Nice to haves:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience developing software, with experience building robust, fault tolerant systems.
- Working knowledge of GoLang, Ruby and/or Scala programming language(s)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong ownership of your work, with an ability to drive a project to completion.
- Champion of best practices, high quality code, and proper test coverage. We ship code frequently and fast, but stability and reliability must never be compromised!
- Experience programming against the APIs of any of the following:
- Container Orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm or similar
- Service Discovery systems such as Etcd, Zookeeper, Consul or equivalent
- Networking systems like NGINX, Envoy, Istio, flannel, or equivalent
- Experience designing and implementing systems to automate platform level features, such as configuration management, network routing, blue/green or canary deployments, etc.
Comfortable with operations concepts & technologies. (Examples of tools you're familiar with might include Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Packer and Terraform. This isn't an Ops position, but we are engineering solutions to automate Operations workflows)