Zendesk is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Security Development team! As a part of the larger Shared Services organization...
Zendesk is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Security Development team! As a part of the larger Shared Services organization, the Security Development team builds and enhances web security features (such as authentication and product security settings), as well as develops new services that impact all of Zendesk's family of products.
What you get to do every day:
What you bring to the role:
- Work closely with product teams designing features that can scale with the company
- Design and develop fault tolerant, high availability systems that can elegantly deal with disruptions in service
- Identify areas of our product and infrastructure that need improvement and drive fixes to completion.
- Full-stack development of security critical security services and features.
- Extract security features from a Ruby on Rails monolith into highly available fault tolerant services.
- Make architectural and security decisions, balanced by the reality of working in a SaaS environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with engineers across the company.
Nice to have:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in a Ruby on Rail environment.
- Strong understanding of common security vulnerabilities in web applications.
- You have a passion for understanding complex systems, debugging problems, and pushing solutions to production.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of modern web security features (CSP, HSTS, SRI, CORS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of modern web security features (CSP, HSTS, SRI, CORS, etc.)
- Prior experience with Ruby on Rails or Ruby is a major plus.
How we hire:
The Security Development Team really hates writing code on whiteboards (does anyone like it?) so as part of our interview process we ask all candidates to complete a small at-home coding challenge.
We do this so that awesome future teammates have the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities while making use of the tools, technologies, and resources they would normally use.
Our challenges are structured so that they should only take a few hours to complete and we allow a week for candidates to tackle the challenge while balancing the effort against their other commitments.
The Security Development Team will review and evaluate each submission (our evaluation criteria is included with the coding challenge) and if we move forward with an on-site interview - your code will be used during the interview day as the foundation for a code review and pair-programming session.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at .
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.