Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will...
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to building software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital, a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, will design, build and deliver completely new and integrated digital experiences for our users.
Aetna Digital is looking for Sr. Application Developers (w/ Ruby) with experience working in fast-paced startup like environments. Aetna Digital is looking for talented software development professionals with deep technical backgrounds and experience building awesome user focused solutions. Experience working as part of a team is critical, with team leadership skills a plus. Aetna Digital is looking for developers who will drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting edge application solutions.
* Main Duties Ability to partner effectively with cross functional and cross organization teams
* Will mentor and help guide less senior developers
* Experience in modern development frameworks for all layers of development
* Participate in high-level T-Shirt sizing and bottoms up story estimation
* Technically curious to keep present on advances in technology
* Work with best of breed technologies (Cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc)
* Pride in authorship of code
* Experience in modern front end frameworks
* Test Driven Development experience and strong desire to build in test from the start.
* Write code (Test and Product) to deliver against project timelines, quality, and requirements in various selected languages.
* Conduct Unit, System, and Integration testing, fixing found issues
* Promote proper implementation of SAFe process techniques
* 7+ years using modern technologies such as node.js, Python, Ruby, AngularJS, messaging (i.e. AWS SNS/SQS, Rabbit MQ), etc.
* Experience using and creating RESTful APIs.
* Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
* Experience with SAFe Software Development methodologies
* Excellent verbal and written communications
* Coaching and training
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna Consumer Health & Products (CHP) mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetnas digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
We conduct pre-employment drug and background testing. Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click hereto review the benefits associated with this position.
Employment Type Regular Career Band Description Professional