Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startu...
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups.
This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Software Engineer - Education Startup - up to $220k - Ruby on Rails
(Multiple openings from mid to sr. to lead level -- leading 3-4 engineers)
Location: San Francisco, CA (you can work from home up to 2 days/week)
The company's product is in the realms of education and mobile apps. The company is backed by major media companies, and has already reached profitability. It has 30 employees and 10 engineers, and may be doubling in size over the next year based on some deals in the pipeline.
The company will pay very competitive salary (up to $220k depending on experience), plus equity which could be valuable.
- Ideally you would be 60% backend and 40% front end, but they are very flexible, so you could be anywhere from 100% backend to 50% front end depending on your preference
- The tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, React, and Redux. Experience with the tech stack is not required as long as you are willing and able to learn.
- Designing and developing a content management and publishing system that will help facilitate the delivery of applications, audio, books and videos to millions of users worldwide.
- Passion for elegant, clean, functional, and secure code.
- At least 4 years of experience shipping production code
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and design patterns.
Willingness/ability to learn (if necesssary) and primarily use Ruby on Rails
- Passion for building products with a positive social impact
Nice to have:
- Passion for learning as well as mentoring and teaching others
- Experience with DevOps, AWS, and Azure
- Experience with data and analytics
- Leadership experience
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
- provided by Dice