Must be proficient in Ruby on Rails and ReactJS. Should have TDD (Test-Driven Development) and CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous ...
Must be proficient in Ruby on Rails and ReactJS. Should have TDD (Test-Driven Development) and CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) experience. Minimum 5 years experience; 7+ years preferred. Cloud experience is a huge plus.
Nice to have:
Extreme Programming/Pair Programming environment. Should have pair programming experience and/or be comfortable with it. Very collaborative team.
Interview process: Initial phone screen, then in-person pair programming session with several members of the team and the manager (about 4 hours).
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users love. The engineering process is highly collaborative. Sr. Software Engineers are expected to pair daily as they work through user stories and support products as they evolve. In addition, Sr. Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically will work as part of a team with varying skillsets to create, support, and deploy production applications.
Additional Job Requirements:
Experience in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a modern scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience in a modern web application framework such asRuby on Rails, Spring MVC, and Node.js
- Experience in writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Experience in a version control system (preferably Git)
- Experience in a Linux or Unix based environment
- Exposure to a CI/CD toolchain
- Exposure to destructive testing methodologies and tools
- Exposure to a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Exposure to production systems design including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Exposure to defensive coding practices and patterns for high availability
- Exposure to a NoSQL database
- Exposure to query optimization and troubleshooting
- Exposure to effective data modeling within both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Exposure to 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- provided by Dice