Are you an experienced and seasoned Ruby on Rails Engineer looking for an opportunity that offers challenge, with high visibility, where you...
Are you an experienced and seasoned Ruby on Rails Engineer looking for an opportunity that offers challenge, with high visibility, where you will impact millions of users? If you're a highly-motivated professional with history as a Tech Lead, and you have a genuine interest in cutting-edge technology with a passion for empowering others, then we have the perfect job for you.
Bring your track record of Ruby on Rails development, coupled with Node.js experience (preferred), and transform complex business logic into clean, resuable, back-end services. As a Sr. SW Engineer, you are an established Tech Lead and a talented software engineer in developing consumer-facing product , who brings hands-on experience defining new software architectural patterns and refactoring existing patterns.
You're the type of professional who enjoys working with a tight-knit, high-impact team that is committed to solving complex problems with innovative and elegant solutions. You're also looking for a team that is committed to agile value delivery and solid engineering principles, that is continuously improving on their craft. If this sounds like what you've been seeking, then let's talk.
Our client is at the next stage of continued growth, and you'll have a unique opportunity to put your footprint into the foundation of defining and shaping their technology environment. If this sounds like the type of role you've been seeking, then let's talk.Job Requirements:
THIS IS A REMOTE JOB (for a professional residing in the United States only) and
- Does NOT offer any Visa Sponsorship or Corp to Corp Engagement
- Write clean, modular and efficient code across all layers of the stack.
- Own major features from requirements definition to release.
- Actively lead the design and/or refactoring of our application architecture.
- Identify software quality issues and refactor code when appropriate.
- Implement high-quality test-driven code that passes automated tests.
- Optimize performance heavy parts of existing applications
- Quickly evaluate new patterns / services using light coding spikes.
- Develop standards for use by the lower level developers.
- Lead and/or participate in code reviews.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Support Production systems off hours.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Ruby (Rails) development
- 7+ years hands-on experience with full-stack web development.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with modern front-end and back-end frameworks.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with front-end state management.
- 2+ years leading a team
- Solid hands-on Node.js experience
- Strong experience and appreciation for behavior-driven and test-driven development.
- Strong experience with MVC, event-driven and lambda architecture patterns.
- Strong experience creating or maintaining large web applications with higher-order components such as Redux, React Router.
- Strong experience with internal/third party RESTful APIs and Websockets.
- Strong experience transforming complex business logic into clean reusable back-end services.
- Strong experience defining new software architectural patterns and refactoring existing patterns.
- Graphical sense of design with an ability to take sketches and turn them into working UI.
- Highly organized individual with great time management skills.
- Ability to proactively communicate and collaborate across a growing distributed team.