We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growi...
We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a programmer who takes pride in developing outstanding software and is constantly looking to improve the quality of his/her work.
* Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to PRA's information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
* Participates in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
* Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
* Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
* Provides training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users
* Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
* Act as a technical lead for a project, providing guidance on technical issues and design issues and mentor junior team members.
* Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
* Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
* Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
* Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
* Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
* Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
* Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile apps
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferre
* Experience designing web-based user interfaces
* Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
* Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
* Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
* MS in computer science or equivalent preferred
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.