My client is looking for a Devops Engineer. They are looking for someone more oriented towards the "developer" side and less oriented toward...
My client is looking for a Devops Engineer. They are looking for someone more oriented towards the "developer" side and less oriented towards the infrastructure side.... strengths in the development side primarily.
The candidate should have strong programming skills (preferably with Ruby) in addition to operational experience with public facing web applications including: load balancers, app servers, and database servers ( postgres , redis ). The team is responsible for the production and staging environments of our Rails and Node applications.
This position will require ocassional after-hours work associated with regular scheduled maintenance as well as response to outages or service problems. Job Responsibilities
The devops team has the following responsibilities:
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Work with our web product team to manage deployment and operation of our Rails and Node production and staging environments.
- Work with our mobile app product team to configure and release our Android and iOS mobile apps using fastlane .
- Work with our product and customer success teams to maintain and troubleshoot our 3rd party integrations.
- Develop diagnostic and configuration tools to improve deployment and operation of web apps, mobile apps, and 3rd party integrations.
- Manage our server and database (postgres) infrastructure with chef .
- Manage DNS and TLS certificate infrastructure.
- Peform disaster recovery planning, preparation, and testing.
- Implement best-practices throughout our systems with respect to security, disaster recovery, and data management.
- Manage SaaS accounts used for development and operations such as NewRelic, Github, CircleCI, Hound, CodeClimate, Sentry, etc.
- Respond to system outages including diagnosis, restoration, communication with external vendors.
- 5 or more years of software development/devops/system administration experience
- experience in deploying and maintaining public facing or non-trivial internal facing SaaS web applications
- demonstrated programming skills (Ruby preferred) with APIs including experience with
- HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, etc.
Nice to Have
- experience with Ruby on Rails deployment
- experience with Android and Apple mobile app stores release processes
- experience with fastlane
- experience with Chef, Puppet or equivalent systems
- experience with city asset management APIS: Cityworks, Cartegraph, Maximo
- experience with ESRI ArcGIS systems/APIs
TO APPLY: Please email resume to
- provided by Dice