Our Sr. Ruby Software Engineer will help to build our next generation of processing tools and services for the entertainment industry.
The Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby) will collaborate with internal teams to help determine the best directions, solutions and approaches, to then proceed in crafting some truly excellent code. The ideal candidate will be communicative, versatile, and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in payroll and financial systems is preferred, as is development experience working in an iterative, Agile environment.
Please Note: H1B Sponsorship/Transfer is not be available for this role.
- As an integral part of the payroll engineering team, build and enhance the payroll processing application software for the entertainment industry
- Work closely with the team, development manager, QA, and product managers to design and implement new feature requests
- Follow best practices related to designing, coding, testing application software and web services using Ruby in a continuous integration environment
- Follow established SDLC processes and recommend improvements to effectively deliver change within the environment
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Proven communication and teamwork skills in a highly collaborative environment
- 8+ years hands-on Ruby and Linux application development
- 8+ years using SQL and relational databases (Oracle a plus)
- Experience in C/C++ highly desired
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs and web services
- Experience delivering Ruby applications using Sinatra or similar web application frameworks
- Experience with GIT or similar version control system
- Experience building web applications
- Experience building and supporting large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Experience designing and building highly available, scalable and secure enterprise applications
- Experience and knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with role and rule-based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (MFA, single sign-on, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development environment
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, etc.) a plus
- Experience working in a SAAS environment a plus
- BSCS or equivalent experience required, advanced degree a plus
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.