We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join one of our studio companies. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for...
First is creating the modern legal ally for consumers. As a team, we exist to create digital products that help people craft sound, efficient, and cost-effective agreements for every stage of their lives. Our first product is a digital, lawyer-reviewed prenup.
- Maintain our web applications using Vue.js/Nuxt, Typescript, and Ruby on Rails
- Collaborate with the product team to design and implement new features
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code
- Optimize the performance of our web applications
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Identify and address technical debt and issues in our codebase
- Continuously learn and keep up-to-date with the latest web development trends and technologies
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Engineer
- Strong expertise in Vue.js and Typescript
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong understanding of web development principles, including RESTful APIs, MVC, and web security
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools like Git, Linear, and Trello
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Ruby on Rails experience
- AI experience is a plus (e.g., have worked with LLM APIs)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
At First, our mission is to be the partner for every partnership - while building our company to become the best place any of us has ever worked. If you love a challenge, are eager to learn, and are excited to work collaboratively to make an impact, we would love to talk.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity ownership
- Health, dental, and vision insurance + 401k
- Open PTO
The budgeted salary range for this role is between $160,000 to $200,000 annual, and is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.
First is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you are passionate about what we're building, we want to hear from you!