This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact on a product and industry!
Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (remote employee and contract roles open)
Blue Lava empowers security executives to manage the business of security. We are an early-stage startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley that is on a mission to build the industry’s first end-to-end business application platform for security. The Blue Lava platform virtually helps to guide security executives to assess, strategize, and mature their cybersecurity program through software.
We have an incredibly rare opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to be one of the first on the ground floor of developing this first-in-class platform and a best-in-class engineering team. You will focus on building a SaaS application based on microservices to allow collecting data from clients, providing a clear representation of a company’s current security posture, and guiding the client on where to best invest
their time and resources.
● Build and manage applications to support the needs of the team and our customers
● Take full ownership of a product or feature from design to launch
● Write tests for the software you write to ensure we deliver a scalable and reliable product
● Professional experience in Ruby on Rails
● Experience designing and developing applications that expose or integrate with RESTful APIs
● Ability to analyze and breakdown complex problems and come up with inventive, elegant
● Experience building and deploying applications in AWS or another cloud environment
● Building visualizations in D3
● Experience working on relational databases (such as Postgres or MySQL) and/or graph
databases (such as Neo3j)
● Experience in building enterprise applications
● Experience with front-end frameworks such as React.js, Ember.js, etc.
● Background knowledge in security topics such as OWASP Top 10
● Previous experience in an Agile, DevOps environment