We are a globally distributed Software Development Consultancy, with offices in Barcelona.
We are a globally distributed Software Development Consultancy, with offices in Barcelona. We partner closely with our clients to provide long-term embedded expertise as an integral part of their product/engineering team. Our focus is product excellence, Rails platform and mobile application development.
We are continuing to grow and taking on new projects with our clients/partners. The timing of your joining will (partly) define which project you start off on - but across all of them we focus on ensuring our clients get great technical solutions built by teams of smart engineers.
What do we offer?
- Hard technical challenges (you won't find all the answers on Stack Overflow) where you can take ownership of the solution
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- A productive and non-frustrating work environment from a focussed adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people - on this and on other projects.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship: this project, then others.
- Working within a fast moving team (working ~11am - 8pm Central European time) of both backend and frontend engineers.
- Designing clean APIs and often interfacing with other legacy backend systems.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make the work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems. And we do that across multiple clients - each and every one we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor