Our client, a rapidly growing provider of wealth management solutions, located in Midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Ruby on Rails devel...
Our client, a rapidly growing provider of wealth management solutions, located in Midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Ruby on Rails developer. This is a full time/direct hire position and only those eligible to legally work in the United States (Citizen, Greencard or EAD GC) will be considered. No third parties. This candidate will be on the cutting edge of delivering new and exciting capabilities to financial advisors in an evolving wealth management landscape. The successful candidate will work collaboratively across local & distributed teams to understand user needs, develop user stories, inform technical designs, and execute on those designs.
This position requires strong software development practices and mastery of web application development using Ruby on Rails or a similar framework. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to support a rapidly growing business. A Strong compensation plan that includes a generous year-end bonus and great benefits await you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead design and execution of new systems, features, and tools
- Deliver new capabilities to financial advisors and their clients
- Contribute to vision, strategy and principles for software architecture, including design and implementation of services, features, and standards
- Develop process improvements, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve
- Set key strategic architecture direction across project teams
- 6+ years' experience in developing web based applications with a deep understanding of Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of SQL leveraging Postgress or similar engine
- Strong experience with agile development using SCRUM
- Experience with SDLC and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Slack
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distributed environment
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub pull request workflow
- Experience with distributed applications, including load balancing and caching techniques
- provided by Dice