We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. W...
We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a programmer who takes pride in developing outstanding software and is constantly looking to improve the quality of his\/her work.
Participates in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to PRA's information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
- Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
- Provides training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users
Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
- Act as a technical lead for a project, providing guidance on technical issues and design issues and mentor junior team members.
Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
- Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile apps
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.Preferred Experience
- BA\/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience designing web-based user interfaces
Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
MS in computer science or equivalent preferredPRA is an EEO\/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK