Do you have a passion for developing scalable web applications? Do you want to drive the look and feel of multiple websites...
Do you have a passion for developing scalable web applications? Do you want to drive the look and feel of multiple websites, landing pages, focusing on clean maintainable code, usability and ease of navigation? We are looking for a Full Stack Ruby Developer with a need to continue learning the latest and greatest languages and tools.
If you insist on beautiful, clean code, we want to talk to you!
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ability to understand the big picture and use the big picture to influence your designs and implementations
- Must be a good team player and feel comfortable presenting your ideas as well you must be willing to accept ideas from others
- Must be able to discuss, comprehend and solve problems outside of code and implement clean solutions to the problem(s) in code
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, code standards)
- Must be self-motivated and not require direction for everything you work on but excited to collaborate with Product Managers, DevOps and other Engineers
- Proven working experience in developing applications with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- 3+ years of professional programming experience in various languages
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar degree, or 3 plus years of equivalent experience
- Own a project from start to finish, this could be your baby
- Ability to contribute to overall project strategy
- Problem solving
- The ability to work as a consultant with a larger team or independently as needed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to take criticism and feedback