Kellton Tech is a full-service software development company, offering end-to-end IT solutions, strategic technology consulting and product d...
Kellton Tech is a full-service software development company, offering end-to-end IT solutions, strategic technology consulting and product development services in Web, SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud), ERP-BPM, and IoT space Our methodology of inventing infinite possibilities with technology helps us develop best in-class and cost effective solutions for our clients.
Currently Kellton Tech is looking for Sr engineer - Ruby on Rails (RoR) position. Below are the details of the position:
Job Title: Sr engineer - Ruby on Rails
Job Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Duration: Full time
We re looking for an engineer to help drive the evolution of our web platform under the leadership of a technical lead. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in object oriented and functional software architecture, be an excellent communicator, and will work very well in a collaborative agile environment.
- Believe in quality as a first level concern
- Cultivate expertise in TuneCore s frameworks, CMS, and other supporting technology components
- Write clean, well-tested, reusable code
- Engage in technical design and code reviews
- Design and create relational database schemas
- Proactivity and passion for solving business problems with automation
- Maintain existing application platforms, and look for opportunities to improve them
- Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
- Mentor and teach, learn and willing to be mentored
- Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
- Bring an ethos of craft to your code
- Support training and documentation as it relates to projects and code
- Experience joy when debating the pros and cons of Cloud Computing, Virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL Databases, Agile Development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
- Demonstrated System Design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
- Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient/modern HTML/DOM and CSS
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Mobile web development experience
- Comfortable with Git and Github
- Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications
- Knowledge of DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc.) is a plus
- NOSQL, MySQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
- Background in Python is a plus
For more information please contact Anil on ext 1047.
Thank you for all your time!
- provided by Dice