PatientsLikeMe is looking for a strong Sr. Backend Software Engineer that is savvy with Ruby on Rails to join our team!
PatientsLikeMe is looking for a strong Sr. Backend Software Engineer that is savvy with Ruby on Rails to join our team. You will be building features on our website to enable our patients to engage in their online communities and to submit their health data all in an effort to improve the lives of all our members on our site. You will work on a small team of a few engineers, a product manager, a designer, and a QA engineer in a collaborative manner centered around the patient experience. If you are a software engineer who likes to focus your talents on building products that make a difference in patients’ lives, we want to meet you.
· Working closely with other engineers, and with product managers and user experience and visual designers on our web, mobile web, and native mobile app products
· Building backend code including APIs with Ruby on Rails (we use ActiveRecord and PostgreSQL)
· Building business logic for new web site features on the site with React
· Modifying existing features on the site
· Using common Agile processes in a 2-week sprint
· +5 years’ experience in backend web development.
· +3 years’ experience in REST API development and/or maintenance.
· +3 years’ experience using Git for distributed, collaborative version control.
· Professional experience with React strongly preferred and with Rails required.
· Exposure to the use of GraphQL.
· An individual contributor who will help us build software.
· Willingness to mentor & teach.
· Desire to collaborate through code reviews, pairing, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer programing, computer science or related field.
· Comfortable working in a small team environment, where everyone wears many hats and works together to get the job done.
· Ability to triage complex issues in an expedient and professional manner.
· High dependable with an ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
· A drive for ensuring high-performance websites via a sophisticated, modern hosting infrastructure.
PatientsLikeMe is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate against race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (“protected characteristics”).