Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eat...
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
The Caviar team is building the world's best food delivery and logistics service. We're changing the way restaurants and diners order food online. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office.
Our software powers the entire delivery experience: we have close relationships with the best restaurants in every city, a network of Caviar Couriers and customers ordering products on 3 platforms.
* Work closely with product managers, designers, and internal teams to understand customer needs.
* Own and develop new features that improve operations and the end-to-end experience for our restaurant partners.
* Integrate our technology with third-party APIs and other Square systems.
* Write concise code and sensible tests.
* Design large-scale systems that keep things running smoothly.
* Have the opportunity to explore and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database all the way to the clients.
* Get a balanced, supportive, fun working environment, and career path.
* Make hungry people happy.
* 5+ years of solid, practical experience.
* Expertise in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework. Don't worry about which one-we'll train you in Ruby (and Rails).
* Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
* A Computer Science or other technical degree.
* Past experience integrating with external APIs and providing APIs for third parties.
* You have worked in real-time logistics or restaurant facing tools.
* A real passion for good food, maybe even have worked in a restaurant before!
Technologies we use:
* AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch
* Postgres, MySQL, Redis
* Rails, RxJava, RxSwift, Ember.js, React, Sass
* Scikit-Learn, OSRM
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.