Do you want to create software that meaningfully benefits consumers? To be a part of a company and industry that are exploding? Do you love ...
Do you want to create software that meaningfully benefits consumers? To be a part of a company and industry that are exploding? Do you love coding in Ruby/Ruby on Rails? If your answer to these questions is "Yes", then come be a part of a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment building world-class software. We're looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ability to understand the big picture and use the big picture to influence your designs and implementations
- Must be a good team player and feel comfortable presenting your ideas as well you must be willing to accept ideas from others
- Must be able to discuss, comprehend and solve problems outside of code and implement clean solutions to the problem(s) in code
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, code standards)
- Must be self motivated and not require direction for everything you work on. Acima looks for people who thrive when given autonomy to do your job.
- Excited to collaborate with Product Managers, Devops and other Engineers
- Proven working experience in developing applications with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Good knowledge of relational databases, specifically Postgresql
- 3+ years of professional programming experience in various languages
Acima Credit (Acima) based in Sandy, Utah is a young and dynamic leasing company that provides consumers financing options for life necessities that otherwise would not be available to them. We help with financing options from tires/wheels to furniture and appliances. Acima blends the use of innovative online technology with a fast and easy application process for thousands of retailers nationwide. Customers love us because we make the impossible possible. Retailers love us because we make it easy for them.
Acima is growing at a tremendous rate. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies (by the Mountain West Capital Network and the Utah Business Magazine) we need awesome people to continue to propel that growth. Here you'll find a place where you can learn, progress and grow professionally. You'll be challenged to think creatively, work hard and make smart decisions.Benefits and Perks
Acima understands that employment is the sum of many parts. Our compensation is very competitive. Our total benefits round out what we feel is a complete package:
- Medical insurance
- Dental plans
- Vision plans
- Supplemental insurance (long-term/short-term disability, life insurance, etc.)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
- Company paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee referral bonus program
- After 90 days, you'll have access to our 401(k) plan