Ruby on Rail Software Engineer . You will design and develop software to bring client services into a single "web self-service" umbrella. Ma...
Ruby on Rail Software Engineer . You will design and develop software to bring client services into a single "web self-service" umbrella. Main technologies are Ruby and Ruby on Rails and C# .Net.
- Write software programs ranging from process automation to interactive Web applications.
- Develop and implement APIs and provide support in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Perform troubleshooting to identify and diagnose problems.
- Debug and analyze issues in production applications.
- Evaluate development tools and languages and make recommendations for incorporating those tools into projects.
- Assist web team in troubleshooting application issues and development process issues.
- 3 years' experience writing applications in Ruby.
- 3 years' experience using Ruby On Rails, writing Bash scripts.
- Experience using Apache and/or equivalent web server software.
- 3-to-5 years' experience with object-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of other web frameworks such as mod_perl, embperl, PHP, JSP, ASP, ColdFusion, or equivalents.
- Knowledge of essentials of Unix server architecture, particularly Linux and Solaris.
- Experience with most common command line tools.
- Ability to use compiled and interpreted languages.
- Ability to analyze hardware disk I/O, CPU utilization, memory swapping, virtual machine threading, and garbage collector tuning.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose application problems, including: compiler linkage errors, run-time bottlenecks, multi-threaded race conditions, and database query optimization.
- Experience using MySQL and/or equivalent database systems.
- Solid understanding of ACID database properties, query isolation levels, and SQL coding practice to avoid database deadlock scenarios.
- Experience with other modern Unix dynamic languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and Bash and the ability to identify the appropriate tool or language for assigned tasks
- Experience developing high-performance APIs.
- Experience developing in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- C# .Net preferred
- Java and C++ and Perl
- Objective-C, Swift, or Ruboto experience is a major plus, as mobile application development is part of the product roadmap.
- User experience with Solaris, Linux, and/ Mac OS X systems and Windows.
- Understanding of modern networking protocols (TCP/IP addressing and higher network layers).
- The ability to program using a terminal-based text editor.
- Understanding of customary source control practices and procedures in a team environment. (SVN and GIT)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
Nice to have experince with:
- Oracle SOA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience, with at least 3+ years in a business environment.
- provided by Dice Ruby, Ruby on Rails, API's, SOA, C#, .net, Ruboto, MySQL, Oracle SOA, Fusion, Informatica