As a key member of the development team, you will maintain and evolve the codebase of our flag...
As a key member of the development team, you will maintain and evolve the codebase of our flagship application. This is an opportunity to work on a Ruby on Rails application that is central to our continued success and growth.
Work On Something That Matters
Want to work on something truly meaningful? You'll be able to directly impact our application's positive effect on the health and well-being of health care plan members in many states.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Maintain and evolve the sustaining engineering codebase for a Ruby on Rails application
- Maintain and evolve the overall scalability and reliability of the application architecture
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development and operational environments
- Write and maintain robust tests
- Implement software development lifecycle best practices in security and data protection
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with cloud computing solutions
- Proven experience with coding best practices and guidelines
- Experience with version control, using BitBucket or Git
- Proven experience deploying code releases to production and staging environments
- Demonstrate an understanding of Agile, iterative software delivery
- Understand software development best practices in security and data protection
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and take direction from Product Management to deliver solutions focused on the customer
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Interested and Qualified?
Apply and provide the following:
- Your online identity (e.g. Github, Twitter, blog, portfolio). If you don't have a profile on Github, provide links to code samples
- Very high integrity
- A relentlessly positive attitude
- Commitment and drive
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Novillus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is restricted to U.S. citizens ONLY due client data handling requirements. Given the nature of our business, a criminal background check is required to join Novillus. NOTE: No recruiter or third party resumes will be accepted for this position.