Headquartered in Orange County, California, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealt...
Headquartered in Orange County, California, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a local, full-service basis for more than four decades. First American Trust is a member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF) that was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit .
Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these processes.
- Works under general supervision of more experienced team members and/or manager.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs and applications, especially Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing application systems
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Typical Range of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred
First American invests in its employees development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.