ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Software Engineer with Ruby on Rails and scripting skills. Ready to show ...
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Software Engineer with Ruby on Rails and scripting skills. Ready to show your expertise to a worldwide audience? Join our team, as we help our federal customers monitor and maintain critical systems throughout the DOE network.
This position is a technical position. Engineer will be working with the UNIX team, Configuration Management team and other functional team in providing Operational Support to our federal client. Engineer is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting existing applications that support enterprise monitoring and systems inventory management system and associated infrastructure. Individuals in this position will need to maintain a high level of ownership and investment in tasks associated with it. Incumbents must be able to work independently, review/update scripts, troubleshoot and remediate issue, optimize performance, and suggest enhancements while also working with customer requirements and providing clear and concise documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain and troubleshoot Web based applications, Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Design and develop new features as needed.
* Review existing scripts and be able to understand, update, and troubleshoot as necessary.
* Capture functional requirements as Use Cases and accurately estimate level of effort to develop
* Work independently to identify solutions
* Ensuring all efforts are executed in accordance with the applicable directives, policies, and standards/best practices.
* Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for enterprise monitoring and systems inventory management system
* Providing technical recommendations to management and customers.
* Required to support a flexible schedule and must be available for occasional on-call support
* Gaining a working knowledge of and keep current on customer process and procedures.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level Security Clearance (Top Secret or L clearance preferred).
* 5+ years of strong Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience
* 5+ years of strong PL/SQL, PERL, Unix Shell experience, GNU Bash
* 5+ years of experience with MySQL databases and SQL products
* 7+ years of Linux - Red Hat, CentOS or other flavors
* 5+ years of experience with Nagios
* Experience with RubyGems package manager
* Strong working knowledge/experience on highly distributed virtual environment, networking, s/w build and deployment process