The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provide leadership and funding for programs that advance agricul...
The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provide leadership and funding for programs that advance agriculture-related sciences. They invest in and support initiatives that ensure the long-term viability of agriculture.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for performing analysis, design, and development of multiple object oriented applications. He or she will work closely with a team of analysts, developers and testers during each step of the process.
- Lead and participate in design sessions based on user requirements
- Perform development of multiple applications, followed by testing and implementation
- Install, upgrade, configure, and maintain multiple application environments
- Research and analyze creative solutions to user requirements
- Interact professionally with clients and team members
- Provide operations and inquiry support
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced Full Stack Developer with 8+ years of experience with enterprise level software solutions
- Ruby on Rails Development experience - Advanced/Expert level - 8+ years of experience
- Current experience in or clear ability to follow through to become proficient in ElasticSearch
- Bachelor's degree required, candidates with Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred
- 10+ years of prior professional experience with application development and database design
- Advanced level knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Extensive experience with and understanding of Business Analysis including requirements gathering and interpretation
- High-level understanding of automated testing tools and approaches and software development with integrated testing
- Able to take ownership and lead development in multiple applications
- Willing to coach and mentor junior developers
- Works well in a team and able to successfully collaborate with others
- Ability to communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong written and oral and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with Federal Government Customers
- Prior work experience with Hobo
- Familiar with the Agile Process
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Experienced in Rails Unit, Functional and Integration Testing
- Intermediate knowledge of these technologies: ElasticSearch, Redis, Torquebox, JRuby, Oracle, Sass, Slim, Haml, D3, AWS, Drupal
- Experience with data warehousing, and/or business intelligence
- Experience with government customers
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at
Established in 2005, Cherokee Services Group (CSG) is a leading provider of information technology and business support services. Its award-winning team of more than 200 employees delivers best-value IT solutions for commercial and government clients across the U.S. The company specializes in software and application services, network infrastructure services, and business process services. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Cherokee Services Group has a regional office in Fort Collins, CO, and 22 additional offices nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CSG is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: