Proofpoint, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to develop and maintain systems used by both internal custome...
Proofpoint, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to develop and maintain systems used by both internal customers (sales, support, engineering), as well as customer facing services.
A good candidate will have experience developing/maintaining web applications - both front-end and backend. They should have maintained web services and built tools as part of a larger eco-system. An ideal candidate will also have experience working on deploying these systems to production environments using technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Nagios and others.
As the company grows, the systems we use grow and so are the use cases. The ability to wear a product manager hat will help the candidate develop what the customers actually want. To that extent, great communication skills - both verbal and written - is required.
* Respond to feature/enhancement requests, and identify changes required to satisfy product requirements
* Interact with Operations to support the service deployment through DevOps orchestration
* Interact with Quality Assurance to verify the service response and capacity is within required limits
* Work with/maintain/create RESTful APIs and Web Services to satisfy product requirements
* Interact with databases (Relational and non-relational), querying across multiple data domains
* Application knowledge of perl
* Experience maintaining web backend applications using perl or some other scripting language (Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Python)
* Experience working with SQL databases
* Experience working with RESTful web services
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Fast learner and a good multi-tasker