BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and tech...
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | | Blog: | LinkedIn: .
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
Our company has a strong mission to ensure that high-quality investment management services are available to everyone.
We're growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology to scale our business. We're looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
The FutureAdvisor Data Exchange team owns ingestion and servicing of all custodial data received on behalf of our business partners and clients, and supports all outbound reporting. As these systems provide the foundational information about all client portfolios, building and supporting services that are robust at scale is central to our mission.
We are looking for strong coders. While our development is primarily in Ruby on Rails, programming expertise in a JVM based language is OK as well.
* Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust inbound custodial file ingestion and outbound reporting for business partners
* Defining the architecture for decomposing existing monolithic, Rails-centric services into a future where multiple services, each with a dedicated focus, can be deployed and scaled independently
* Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers
* Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation
* Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint
* Representing Engineering to the Implementation Team for discussing and resolving technical issues with a business impact
* Mentoring junior members of the engineering team on the latest technologies and best practices
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
* At least 7+ years of professional software development experience.
* Development experience utilizing Ruby on Rails, but other JVM languages will be considered.
* At least 5+ years building and supporting back-end services with non-trivial scaling needs
* At least 3+ years of experience in service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
* At least 3+ years' experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience building out data integration solutions with business partners
* Strong knowledge of infrastructure supporting large-scale applications: you haven't just written and supported applications that scale to large volumes of traffic, data, or users, you understand the tradeoffs that make it possible to scale
* Experience with multiple programming languages -- extra bonus for Ruby on Rails and/or JVM-based language.
* Be resourceful and able to work independently with minimal direction while communicating effectively with the team: self-starter/self-motivated
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
FutureAdvisor is an award-winning investment advisory firm that manages your existing IRA, Roth, taxable, and other investment accounts. We serve as a fiduciary, which means we put your financial interests ahead of ours. Our portfolio management service automatically monitors, rebalances, and tax-manages your current investments, adding low-fee index funds where necessary to bolster your portfolio. If your accounts are already with Fidelity or TD Ameritrade, we're simply a management layer you add over your existing accounts. If your accounts are elsewhere, we do the paperwork to consolidate them at Fidelity or TD Ameritrade as part of FutureAdvisor's services. We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style .
The Digital Robo Advice experience is supplemented with a hands on Digital Advisement Platform and Client Operations for Financial Advisors to reach their clients at scale.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.