RightAction, an innovative online advertising and technology company, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer. Here at RightAction,...
RightAction, an innovative online advertising and technology company, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer. Here at RightAction, we allow companies to buy online advertising media more efficiently and effectively by delivering simple solutions through complex data analysis. We are one of the fastest growing start-ups in Philadelphia, and are located in the Cira Centre next to 30th Street Station, just a short walk from the heart of Center City.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will join our extremely talented engineering team comprised of some of the sharpest developers in the area. The core development team is the beating heart of the company as a whole, creating highly scalable, innovative products used by some of the largest advertisers on the web and seen by millions of people each day. The core development team works closely with the business lines and the Network Ops team to deliver cutting edge software that revolutionizes the way our clients can monetize the web. Our products are built using the latest and greatest open-source tools and technologies. We identify the solution and implement it using whichever language is best for the job.
RightAction also has an awesome beer selection in the fridge, and catered lunch every week!
What You'll Be Doing:
* Designing, developing, and testing new software in an Agile environment
* Effectively managing products at any point of their lifecycle
* Working closely with the core dev team and Director of Engineering to prioritize workflow on a daily basis
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Strong experience working with a variety of languages to solve complex problems involving high availability and highly scalable applications (must be able to code something in the interview)
* Solid understanding of persistence databases and noSQL datastores
* Experience working with Java, Ruby, or other programming languages on large-scale, customer-facing websites
* Knowledge of Source Control and best practices
* Experience with Unit Testing
* Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux and an interest in devops
* Must have excellent inter-personal communication skills and can work effectively within a team in an open-air environment
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, RedShift, S3) a plus
* Experience scaling web apps
* Experience with IT automation tools; chef, ansible, or puppet