Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We h...
Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
Must live in US
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on the eCommerce Software Team across all areas of our global eCommerce infrastructure: frontend, backend, connected device application integrations, enterprise application integrations, third-party logistics integrations, access controls & regulatory compliance, and any other supported infrastructure
- Accountable for development and release to production for all assigned work
- Accountable for investigation and resolution of production issues in a timely manner
- Attend regular team meeting cadences to communicate and drive clarity on assigned work and team planning
- Build expertise in Ruby, Rails, TypeScript, and NextJS as needed to be a productive member of the team
- Collaborate with development lead, fellow software engineers, and product managers to deliver assigned work and shaping our future roadmap
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A history of successfully shipping complex components and web application systems
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Experience and deep understanding of web application reliability, performance, scalability, and error handling
- Experience mentoring others preferred
- Expert knowledge or willingness to learn the following technologies:
- React & NextJS
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS + Terraform or Pulumi
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience in Web Application development
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.