Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software ...
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
About you One of Doximity's core values is about stretching ourselves and challenging assumptions. Even if you can't check off all the boxes below you're encouraged to apply. Talent and grit packaged with a unique perspective drives innovation. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
- Help architect a distributed system that puts clinical knowledge, secure messaging, and professional connections at a doctor's fingertips
- Cache, optimize, and develop systems that can handle millions of operations per day
- Work closely with our data science team to bring their insights into robust, real-time software
- Advance our SMS and telephony platform which connects doctors and patients tens of thousands of times per day
- Join a "startup within a startup" and help us break into brand new industries
- Help drive the product direction and change the landscape of medicine in the United States
Benefits & Perks
- You have a strong software engineering background and are prepared to make high-quality contributions to modern, production web applications.
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You test your code and appreciate the benefits tests offer
- You have experience with web infrastructure, relational databases, distributed systems, and performance optimizations
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- You possess concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 65 times per day
- We have over 400 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
We're thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We're driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people's lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We're growing steadily, and there's plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact. Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.