ALG is TrueCar s forecasting and consulting arm demystifying data is what we do best. As the industry benchmark for future vehicle valuation...
ALG is TrueCar s forecasting and consulting arm demystifying data is what we do best. As the industry benchmark for future vehicle valuations, we re privileged to work with all of the industry s key players. We use world-class analytics and insights to help our clients make smart decisions. We enjoy a unique position of established legacy combined with the agility and growth of a start-up.
We re looking for talented Software Engineers to build the technology used to power our APIs. We re lucky enough to have an amazingly great (and fun) team and are smart enough to know that only by keeping our team s DNA at the top of the chart can we continue to grow into the game-changing company we feel destined to be.
ABOUT THE JOB:
In this role you will be developing high performance and scalable REST-based APIs to drive our websites, mobile apps, and partner integrations. We want a great coworker in addition to a great coder you should value open, active collaboration and work well with others, helping teammates who need it, and asking for the help you need in turn. Passion, humor, and a desire to learn are a must!
WHAT YOU NEED:
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience using Ruby and Rails in production
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design
- Well versed in Agile processes such as Continuous Integration
- Experience using a relational database system (we use Postgres)
- Firm understanding of modern HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Have delivered great technology quickly and understand how to ship in a fast-changing environment
- Good communicator and team member
- Experience in any of the following:
- React / jQuery / Backbone / Angular / Ember /Node
- Redis / ElasticSearch
- Linux and/or OSX Development (we use RubyMine)
- SASS / LESS
- Puppet / Chef / Docker
- Experience deploying apps to AWS
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science
- Automotive industry experience
- Enthusiasm for data science