This position requires a secret clearance. Please apply only if you have a minimum of a secret clearance OR the ability to ...
This position requires a secret clearance. Please apply only if you have a minimum of a secret clearance OR the ability to obtain one.
The Software Engineer will employ system and sub-system design documentation in order to modify existing or create new integrated software capabilities for the A-10C Thunderbolt II avionics, weapons, or pod interfaces or pilot/vehicle interfaces.
This position is for the 309th SMXG at Hill, AFB in Layton, UT.
Experience and Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or ABET accredited Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with CMMI\TSP\PSP, AS9100, or other process model for software development
- Knowledge reading schematics/requirements documents and translating to software implementation
- Familiarization with software configuration management/defect tracking tools and peer review
- Experience programming in C\C++, Ada 95, Ruby (or similar scripting language)
- Real-time embedded software development experience using Eclipse, Visual Studio or other IDE
- Experience working with multi-stream source control (e.g. GIT, Clearcase, RTC)
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Ability to analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources on embedded Operating System (e.g. VxWorks, Greenhills, Rational Apex)
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, Unix, and SunOS
- Experience with Quality\Information Assurance
- Familiarity with Communication protocols such as 1553, 1760, RS-232, Ethernet