We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we're building tools that make commerce easier and more acce...
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we're building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let's shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
At Square, our hardware and software powers critical interactions between our merchants and their customers. The Square Shop team is responsible for building websites and platforms that help get our products into the hands of our merchants. It's a hugely impactful role, since the experience in helping new merchants find the right hardware and peripherals to power their business is one of the first interactions with Square.
* Work across product teams to develop our e-commerce websites and fulfillment systems
* Write code to help new and existing merchants find the right hardware and peripherals to power their business
* Integrate with 3rd party systems and services with large scale internally built applications
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
* Experience developing online product infrastructure and web services
* Experience developing server-side code
Technologies we use and teach:
* Ruby, JRuby, Rails
* Java, Jetty, protobufs, JSON
* MySQL, Redis, HBase, Hadoop, and Kafka
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.