Crossover Health is a healthcare organization attempting to redefine how healthcare is practiced, delivered, and financed.
We design and deliver the inspiring environments, experiences, and relationships that mobilize people to engage and excel in their health. A passionate commitment to the patient experience creates the magic behind what we do. Crossover Health is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of healthcare delivery.
You will be responsible for evolving, enhancing, and extending our Ruby-based API based on Product and Organizational priorities. This includes API endpoints that serve and process data to/from our web/mobile applications, tooling that enable operational efficiency, database design, and the creation of various integrations with external systems. The ideal candidate is a developer who is excited to create software and get that software into the hands of her users, is able to quickly ramp knowledge, focuses on becoming true contributor to the team, thrives in the controlled chaos of a start-up, and is passionate about improving the lives of the patients we serve.
- Design, implement, maintain, and test our core API server
- Enhance and maintain database schemas, carefully craft queries, and build migrations
- Work in a cross functional, mission-driven team alongside product managers, designers, and clinicians, designing and building the platform that redefines healthcare
- Be energized at the prospect of working on software that improves patients’ lives
- Be smart about choosing between fast and right
- Gained 5+ years professional developer experience (hands-on experience — planning, writing, debugging and optimizing software)
- Developed Ruby-based applications for 3+ years
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in an RDBMS (MySQL, PGSQL, etc.)
- Developed multi-tenant SaaS applications with a well designed API
- Delivered high-quality, readable, code, while balancing competing priorities
- Clear, consistent communication skills: in code, in discussion, and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain software’s specification, quality, and performance via test frameworks (e.g., minitest, RSpec, etc.)
- Kept quality, patient safety, and privacy a top priority in your deliverables
- Continuously sought and embraced opportunities to build upon your skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed source control solutions (we use Git)
- Received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working within a lightweight agile project structure
- Familiarity with using scripting languages to build development and automation tools
- Working knowledge of the AWS platform (leveraging services, automating infrastructure, etc.)
- Experience developing clinically-focused software and/or Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience in a Startup environment or entrepreneurial organization
The position will be reporting to the VP of Technology.
Please include your resume, LinkedIn Profile and/or GitHub link