CALLING ALL SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WITH RUBY, JRUBY AND RAILS EXPERIENCE!!
IQ Inc. has some AWESOME opportunities and we are looking for YOU! You MUST be a senior level engineer with specific business expertise and specialized knowledge and skills.
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. When these companies need support during peaks in their product development road-maps, IQ is their long-term, collaborative partner, having all employees in Greater Pittsburgh.
WE NEED YOU TO:
- Pay special attention to detail and quality.
- Be accountable and responsible for working on business critical products that are distributed nationwide.
- Assist in the responsible design, development, and deployment of NBS(new business solutions) products.
- Be familiar with and use agile principles to implement a solution, including tests, and assisting with the deployment of new releases.
- Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
- Manage release control and coordination for multiple products.
- Provide 3rd level support and work in a team environment.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or technology field
- Fluency in Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience in Ruby
- Experience in Rails and Rails upgrade
- Experience with DevOps in a clustered Rails environment
- Experience with Apache and Phusion Passenger
- Business Experience & Specialized Knowledge/Skills
- Thorough knowledge of clustered Web-based Systems
- Practical experience with REHL or CentOS versions 5 - 7
- Experience migrating to an AWS virtual environment
- Experience containerizing applications using Docker
- Knowledge of MySQL
- MySQL tuning
- MySQL query optimization
WOULD BE NICE TO ALSO HAVE:
- Knowledge in Java a plus.
- Knowledge in Clojure a plus.
- Knowledge in JRuby a plus.
Sound interesting? Email your resume to today!
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.