AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for...
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on our AWS Elemental Delta product team, building the best Content Delivery Platform in the world.
AWS Elemental Delta is a video delivery platform designed to optimize the monetization, management, and distribution of multiscreen video across internal and external IP networks. Through just-in-time (JIT) video packaging and intelligent caching, the platform enables a complete solution for time-shifted TV and real-time content delivery with advanced levels of customization and control, including network bandwidth optimization, profile manipulation, and highly targeted ad insertion.
This role requires outstanding programming skills as well as a passion for customers and clean architecture. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and deliver quality solutions with a high degree of autonomy. We love engineers that lead by example and multiply the skills of those around them, helping us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
What you'll do:
* Write a lot of code
* Design and implement new features from specification to final test
* Work closely with other developers, QA, and Automated Test Engineers to deliver a complete, tested customer solution
* Work in an agile development environment, where you are always focused on the most important projects
* Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
* Influence the future direction of our product
* Have fun in a challenging and rewarding environment
* A BS in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of software development experience
* A demonstrable ability to work up and down the entire web stack
* Experience and skill in developing operationally robust and debuggable software
* Linux development
* Ruby on Rails proficiency
* A deep understanding of MySQL, Postgres, or MS SQL
* Amazon Web Service experience (S3, Lambda, API Gateway…)
* Media software development (protocols, DRM, packaging (HLS, DASH, Smooth, etc.))