For over 20 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a highe...
For over 20 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a higher quality of life by providing proven HR solutions and technology.
The software engineer must be the subject matter expert on the existing platform business to provide consultative services to the development design process, client business workflow process and support teams. They adapt to changes with an emphasis on learning and applying prior knowledge. They work with cross-divisional development and business teams to refine the application design requirements based on business requirements. They must be able to thoroughly follow instructions, unit test, performance test and understand the code base to make supportive decisions that allow for speedy development and deployments. They demonstrate the ability to breakdown, analyze and support a custom framework code base with minimal documentation. They design, test and implement components and modules as add-ons to existing framework. The engineer will work with various teams to develop API and interfaces for integration and data mapping. They work as part of an agile team and, at times, individually with little supervision. They have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail. They are logical structured, organized and precise while being creative and enjoy problem solving. They consistently demonstrate the ability to write "clean" code to produce fully functional software
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Build new features from our product roadmap using efficient Ruby code and design patterns
• Maintain and improve existing code, tests, and features
• Work with many 3rd party software SOAP and REST APIs
• Follow engineering best practices
• Plan and develop efficient UX/UI for new and existing features
• Design, develop and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization's business strategy and goals
• Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processed to support the launch of new business capabilities
• Understand functional, operational and end-user requirements and how they translate to new application features
• Collaborate with a team of professionals to set specifications for new applications
• Write high-quality, well documented code to program complete applications on schedule
• Design creative prototypes according to specifications
• Perform unit and integration testing before launch
• Conduct functional and non-functional testing
• Perform design and code reviews of developed software
• Provide fixes for both development and maintenance change requests
• Integrate applications with third-party products and existing IT infrastructure
• Support clients during User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Provide high value consulting services
• Maintain and increase technical skills and expertise on new products and versions
• Communicate with business analysts to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed
• Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
• Track and resolve software defects
• Support test execution including system level and integration tests
• Maintain a high level of professionalism
• Responsible - Ability to accept responsibility and to be held accountable for one's conduct.
• Decision making - ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well-thought out; be a strong problem solver that possesses the ability to find solutions to difficult or complex issues.
• Committed - Hard working with a deeply rooted work ethic.
• Teamwork - Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and individuals; regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• BS/BA in computer science or equivalent
• 1-3 years of experience working in a software engineer role or similar capacity. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proven experience as application developer, with experience in designing and building applications
• In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
• Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
• A team player with excellent communication skills
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
• Great attention to detail and time-management skills
• Enjoy inter-personal interaction and communication
• Logical, structured, organized and precise
• Creative and enjoy solving problems
• 3+ years of production Rails (4/5) development
• In-depth knowledge of testing (Rspec, Cucumber)
• Experience with RESTful API
• Experience with MS framework and connecting to backend SQL database(s)
• Experience with Delayed Jobs, Bootstrap, GitHub, Postgres