Our Healthcare sector client seeking (2) two RoR developers to support a Ruby on Rails application. Open to contractors or ...
Our Healthcare sector client seeking (2) two RoR developers to support a Ruby on Rails application. Open to contractors or full time!
Consultants will develop software for new applications and perform enhancements to existing applications. Will analyze, design, code, test, debug, and document all assigned components. Will provide support as required to resolve issues raised by operations or the customer.
Scope & Responsibilities:
1. Design, Develop and debug all assigned components.
2. Analyze application problem areas and propose solutions.
3. Plan and execute unit and functional tests as required to ensure changes meet customer requirements.
4. Modifies applications using appropriate tools, coding standards and best practices.
5. Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times. Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management.
6. Develops clear and concise documentation.
7. Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or the customer.
8. Develop expert knowledge of existing applications.
9. Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
10. Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
11. Will need to be On call for engineering Support per On call schedule.
12. Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes
13. Will need to restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with infrastructure team.
Note: Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 4 years of experience doing design, coding and testing in an object-oriented environment.
- Solid skill set in Ruby, Postgres
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience developing web based applications using Ruby on Rails using Jquery.
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Java
- Experience in performance tuning of applications