We are looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with outstanding web development and leadership experience. This is...
We are looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with outstanding web development and leadership experience. This is an exceptional opportunity for a great developer to become the lead engineer of a small, growing and profitable, venture-backed company.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy web applications
- 5+ years' experience with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL / relational databases, AWS
- Experience with design and building Web API development
- Experience as a small team leader, tech-lead or similar role
- Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
- Proven, effective ability to work with others
- To be passionate about your craft and entrepreneurial in thinking about how engineering can solve business problems
An ideal candidate would also possess:
- Experience HAML, SASS
- DevOps experience particularly with Chef and Engine Yard
- Data mining experience
- OpenStreetMap, Google Maps API, Engine Yard, Amazon AWS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- We use all of your favorite tools: : JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, Github, Chef, Puppet, Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
Location, Inc. is a leading builder and source of location "Big Data" and SaaS tools for geographic assessment. Our data products, boundary shapefiles, and Saas platforms power the business intelligence behind risk assessment and management, asset valuation, market analysis, and real estate investments for the Fortune 500 and beyond.