BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the invest...
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | | Blog: | LinkedIn:
We are a team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the financial services industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to plan for better financial outcomes.
We're growing at a rapid rate and looking for software engineers who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
The Asset Management Engineering team is responsible for building the FutureAdvisor core investment management platform API's and tooling. This includes design, build and testing of new applications supporting portfolio operations, implementing new features for traders, and elimination of technical-debt on our platform. Our engineers work closely with other engineering teams across financial modelling, investment trading, data operations and product to identify and implement innovative solutions for our partners and their users.
* Participate in the full software development life-cycle
* Collaborate iteratively with financial subject matter experts to define requirements
* Architect and build web applications that are highly scalable and secure
* Focus on unit and automated testing, so teams can iterate quickly while maintaining a high quality bar
* Help establish engineering best practices and guidelines
* Become a trusted provider of subject matter expertise on our core products
* At least 5+ years of full-stack web application engineering experience
* At least 5+ years demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails delivery
* Demonstrated familiarity with high quality engineering and delivery practices
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
* Prior experience working in financial services/fintech
* Experience with Cloud-Based application engineering and delivery
* Experience with trading or high-throughput transaction processing systems
* Experience working with MySQL
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.