Our client is a global business and financial information and news leader with a focus on open-source bleeding edge technology, and they are...
Our client is a global business and financial information and news leader with a focus on open-source bleeding edge technology, and they are currently looking to add multiple SWEs to their Scala Vault Team.
On the Vault team, you'll help us build a web interface to search and reconstruct complex events on top of communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. 1,000 organizations use the Vault to manage and archive a range of enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years. That's where you come in. You will be a senior member of our team who is up for the challenge of building secure, scalable and high quality services using a combination of proprietary and open source components.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with high volume consumer facing Web applications
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, SVG, HTTPS, cookies, caching and security
- The ability to work effectively with Product and Engineering teams and be able to influence the product/technical vision
- Knowledge of browser internals such as Rendering engines, Parsing and DOM tree construction, Layout, Painting and optimizing techniques
- Experience with Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari browsers and their various idiosyncrasies including browser performance and compatibility
- Experience in all phases of the Agile and test-driven SDLC
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years of C++ and/or Scala experience
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience with Play framework
- A keen interest in technological advances and the ability to incorporate new technology into existing systems
- provided by Dice Agile, Browser, Browsers, C++, CSS, DOM, HTML, Ruby, SDLC, Security, Software Engineer