Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud-based en...
Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support, and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procores tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Were looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Translate UX designs into fully functional applications
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customers needs
- Exercise code reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years experience in Ruby on Rails, or similar technologies
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.), HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of a typical web development lifecycle including: development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
To give you a better idea of what we do, here are some of our current projects:
- Collaboration and contribution to open source
- Live Finance: Our challenges are a unique opportunity to work on accounting principles but with a twist! Our financials team works on budget reconciliation on live projects with budget input happening in real time all day long. If you are interested in challenges surrounding balance and ledgers, without the bureaucracy that comes with financial institutions, this is the perfect role for you.
- Scalability: If scalability is of interest to you, we have the ultimate challenge. We are looking at taking an existing system and scaling from 1M users to 10M users. We know Ruby and Rails can scale and we want to prove that and work with engineers who are ready to take on that challenge. This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with a million users.
- Big Data: Our insight team is focussed on building an entire dashboarding system and working with terabytes of data and users that go back over 10 years. If areas like big data mining, business intelligence and data visualizations are of interest to you, this is a great opportunity to work on those problems while seeing your work come to life and interfacing with customers.
- Complex file systems: We are working on building a world class document and photo file management system from the ground up. If you are interested in challenges like: pdf creation, photo management, permissions and file revisioning, this is the perfect team for you. You will get to work on the complexities that come with disassembling giant blueprint pdfs, adding markups and call outs and writing it back so everything is unchanged
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitionsboth personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.