BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2016 is looking for a Senior Software Ruby Engineer!
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2016 and the fastest growing e-commerce platform in the world is looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team on a mission to revolutionize commerce.
What you'll do
You’ll work on one of the most important pieces of any SaaS platform; the back-office systems that manage and provision all our BigCommerce stores. You’ll jump into this high-performing team where you’ll be able to contribute both in code as well as in product direction, while providing technical guidance to your teammates.
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with other engineers to decompose our current codebases into a SOA.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
Who you are
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- At least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Experience working on a credit card or subscription billing system including PCI/DSS security concerns
- Experience with Zuora a strong plus
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations
- Experience with e-commerce, SaaS platforms highly desirable
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- Choice of garage parking or light rail pass for those in downtown Austin office
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events