Senior Software Engineer, Ruby
San Francisco, CA
The Growth Engineering Team is looking for a great Senior Software Engineer to...
Senior Software Engineer, Ruby
San Francisco, CA
The Growth Engineering Team is looking for a great Senior Software Engineer to join us in building customer experiences to drive acquisition, onboarding, monetization, organic/viral growth, and retention across the New Relic product suite. Please include a short cover letter, telling us why you're interested in this position and why you think we should work together.
As a good fit for this role, you…
* Have a least 5 years of industry experience working in a team environment building production web applications with modern OO languages such as Ruby or functional languages like Elixir. You have built Single Page Apps in AngularJS, and backend services in Rails and Elixir.
* Possess a Growth Engineering mindset focused on continuously improving the customer experience to help drive engagement and sales. You are curious at heart and ship iterative changes and experiments with instrumentation to improve key metrics. You minimize risk introduced by these changes with an ironclad test suite.
* Actively participate in code and UI design reviews, weekly sprint planning meetings and team retrospectives to ensure we are all building at our best while driving key business goals.
* Have strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. Can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases.
* Be part of a disciplined team that follows best Agile practices. Can build strong alliances with Product and Engineering Managers, using your knowledge to influence task prioritization.
* Relish the chance to mentor others and are passionate about improving software and your teammates' skills.
If you join this team, you will be focused on five core areas of Customer Growth:
* Data-driven Analysis: We ask the right questions about what drives growth, collect relevant data, automate the analysis, and define tests that improve conversion.
* Acquisition: We optimize the digital acquisition for newrelic.com and focus on improving the conversion rate of different aspects of our digital marketing strategy.
* Engagement & Retention: Setup, signup, and production adoption are the key experiences that we own across the customer lifecycle.
* Monetization: We are responsible for the self-service purchase experience in product, which allows customers to seamlessly buy or expand their use of New Relic.
* Referral: Giving delighted customers the tools to broaden awareness of our products and services and drive viral growth both inside and outside of customer accounts.
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job, product, and/or company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!
We're hiring at all experience levels, and we're particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
A little about us:
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 15,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon "Top Workplace" award winner, named a leader in the Gartner's 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 "Magic Quadrant" for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) - the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.