Lingo Live is revolutionizing people development through coaching and is looking for a senior engineer to help us train the leaders of tomorrow.
Founded in 2014, Lingo Live is a coaching company that helps develop the next generation of leaders and drive real impact and behavior change in workforces through Skills Coaching and Applied Learning. Our mission is to empower leaders to contribute their unique potential in the workplace, allowing them to drive success across teams and organization-wide. We do this by creating custom coaching programs by mapping our Skills Catalog to the needs of L&D teams' unique program design. Each coachee up levels their skills through coaching and then applies those skills in the workplace to achieve tangible behavior change.
Find out more about our leadership and communication coaching products at www.lingolive.com
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. Are you looking to join a fast-growing company where you will be challenged daily along with a top-notch team of like-minded engineers? Are you an experienced engineer with proven Ruby On Rails skills? Do you want to start using some of the latest groundbreaking tech in a production setting serving our globally distributed clients? If so, read on.
Responsibilities / Where you come in
- Build robust and scalable software using the Ruby On Rails framework and/or the best tool for the job.
- Author technical specifications of initiatives that have a large & lasting impact on the engineering team and business.
- Identify and proactively tackles technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant work to resolve in the future.
- Research and propose new technologies/best practices to be adopted by the team that will propel the team's ability to deliver on business objectives.
- Provide compassionate technical mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally, and is able to work well with other department teams as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail regarding performance, sustainability, DevOps, and security.
- Regularly deliver software on time and is constantly working to make accurate estimates and deliver on those estimates.
- 5+ years of software engineering professional experience
- Experience using Ruby On Rails professionally
- Experience leading a technical project from concept phase to deployment.
- Experience with building APIs and Data Schemas/Modeling.
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team, can work independently without direct supervision
- Deep knowledge of database modeling best practices using relational and non-relational databases. Enough to know how to avoid common antipatterns with data modeling.
- Proven track record of understanding and making well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs that take into consideration the overall system.
- We offer a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs and cover 85% of the premiums for employees and dependents.
- 401k program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Unlimited PTO and support for recharge days to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Unlimited, free one-on-one coaching for you and one other member of your family
- Investments in all the tools and equipment you need at home to help you succeed in a remote environment