Description New RelicSenior Software Engineer - React/RubyPortland, OregonNew Relic is looking for an engineer to join the APM UI team. We a...
Description New RelicSenior Software Engineer - React/RubyPortland, OregonNew Relic is looking for an engineer to join the APM UI team. We are a small, agile team building UI features in the largest New Relic product, APM. Our product turns terabytes of application performance data into responsive interfaces and elegant visualizations that help our customers make their applications more performant and reliable.
With code bases ranging from the beginning of the company to just built, we work with a variety of tools and technologies.
Examples of what you might work on:
What working on this team is like:
- Building the next generation of APM features that allow our customers to configure their instrumentation with more precision. We build new customer-facing features using React on the front-end and Node or Ruby on the back-end.
- Evolving legacy code that is the beating heart of the product.
- Rewriting business logic from our legacy codebase into new services that will serve our latest client-side apps.
- Tuning the front-end performance of APM to improve the user experience for our customers.
How do you know if you're right for this job?
- We work with some of the smartest and nicest people in the business. We have some of the toughest challenges around and outstanding support to help our teams solve them.
- We have a very collaborative culture, and we use pairing and code reviews to share knowledge and tackle problems as a team. Through mentoring, we help team members grow as engineers and leaders.
- We work closely with product management, technical support, and our design team to make sure we re building the right features to help our customers understand their digital business.
- We are very flexible about swapping on-call rotations because we all care about enjoying our lives outside of work.
- We build and test continuously and ship to production multiple times a week.
- We are an Agile team that owns our features from concept to production.
- We iterate on our agile processes as a team.
Not sure if this is you?
- You have built services that contain the business logic for a UI layer
- You have worked with a major web or web service framework or middleware technology (Rails, Django, Node. js, etc). Our legacy app is Ruby on Rails.
- You enjoy being part of a team and working collaboratively to solve problems.
- You are comfortable participating in an on-call rotation for features the team owns. Our team is infrequently paged, and it is a priority to keep it that way.
- You care about writing consistent, maintainable, and scalable code.
- You iterate and focus on delivering and getting feedback quickly.
- You are comfortable planning and leading small to medium features.
- You re a strong communicator and collaborator. You would rather band together for a common cause than fly solo.
We re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you're not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every applicant who takes the time to apply.Interested? Send us:
- Your resume or CV
- A cover letter, telling us why you re interested in this position and why you think we should work together (optional)
- Your Github profile, or a link to code samples (optional)
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a culture add to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic. com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon Top Workplace award winner, named a leader in the Gartner s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Magic Quadrant for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech mecca of Portland, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.) all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.