About the Role
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women a...
About the Role
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
- Architect, build, maintain, and improve our seller related website and email experiences.
- Work with ML Engineers and Data Scientists to integrate different optimization models models across website and email systems.
- Extend our tracking systems across website and email channels.
- Build tooling around monitoring, logging, automated testing and A/B testing. Collaborate with your peers and other teams to teach, learn and execute efficiently.
- Contribute to improving our processes and engineering culture.
- Ownership, trust, responsibility and proactiveness.
- A data-driven approach towards continuous improvement in the user experience.
- Building scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection.
- Speaking UP. Thinking Big. Influencing Outcomes. Being Paranoid.
- Proficiency with Ruby and Ruby based Frameworks (Rails, Grape, Sinatra).
- Proficiency with at least one front-end JS framework (We use React/Redux).
- Exceptional track record in delivering quality engineering solutions at different levels of the stack.
- Strong experience in distributed systems design and best practices.
- Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Bonus: Native mobile development experience.