Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unp...
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software - used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kids, not back-office administrative duties.
A Little About The Role
As a Principal Software Engineer on our team, you will help build and maintain a best-in-class SaaS web and mobile solution. We have built a solution which enables child care organizations to efficiently and intuitively manage their business, so they can focus on the children. The demands for these organizations are high and you will be a part of helping our customers easily manage their growing business complexity by making their daily demands simple to navigate. This includes features to enable communication with teachers, parents and leads; tracking and recording daily activities for children, staff schedules and payroll as well as customer billing to name a few.
You'll be a key member of our growing engineering team while we expand on existing features and deliver new functionality. Our friendly, agile environment uses modern technologies.ur code is optimized and cloud infrastructure is stable and performant. We value self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to our culture of respect, dedication, and fun. Clean code, principles over dogma, and balancing the pull between practical vs perfect solutions round out the qualities we seek and value.
What You Will Do
- Architect, design, develop, and deploy features across the tech stack
- Write performant, maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
- Ensure appropriate automated test coverage for optimal product reliability and release velocity
- Develop and document REST APIs
- Improve the performance of existing systems
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems
- Contribute to improving and enforcing development, Agile, and CI delivery best practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Design, Product Management, and Engineering
- Present new ideas and respectfully debate those ideas with the team
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 10+ years of experience building web and SaaS-based applications
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails (RoR) and excitement about dabbling in other frameworks and technologies
- A keen eye for good RESTful API design, scalability, and/or microservice architecture
- Strong AWS experience a plus and experience with cloud-native software delivery (including containerization)
- Strong knowledge of Git and branching models in a collaborative coding environment
- Experience with CI/CD and build pipelines across multiple environments
- Communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated track record of working successfully across engineering, design, and product
- Experience with Agile processes in a structured setting (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience using data for decision-making related to team and system performance, relying heavily on telemetry and monitoring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full-time employees, including medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days, including a mental health day a year
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- RTD ECO-Pass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year
- Casual workplace environment
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within
$130,000 - 160,000 Base DOELocation
This position is based in our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. While we are mainly working remotely now, this will continue to be an in-office/remote position, but candidates must be willing and able to (eventually) work from our downtown Denver office as needed.